What is it?
Did you guess correctly? It is a carved, metal jewelry box. Given to Wayde Brite Cloud in approximately 1908, this jewelry box was one of the first donations recieved by the Landmark Society in April of 1975.
This and many other objects from Garland's past are on display at the Garland Landmark Museum, FREE and open to the public every Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., except holiday weekends.
- What is the museum’s address?
- When is the Landmark Museum open? And why is it not open more?
- How much is admission to the Landmark Museum?
- Do you do field trips for schools, seniors, scouts, or private tours?
- Can I go inside the Tinsley-Lyles House or the 1910 Pullman Coach Car? And when will they be open to the public?
To sign up for the monthly Heritage Crossing Newsletter, click HERE. Below is a sample of our latest edition.
Heritage Crossing Coordinator
Office Location: Mailing Address:
Garland Landmark Museum Heritage Crossing
393 N. Sixth Street PO Box 469002
Garland, Texas 75040 Garland, Texas 75046
By appointment only, Monday through Friday.
Garland Landmark Society Mailing Address:
PO Box 462232
Garland, Texas 75046